Friday, May 23, 2008

Pregasaurus Rex

I've hit the stage in my pregnancy where people no longer address me directly or ask me questions that are personal or relevant or whatever. They simply point at my belly with horrendous looks on their faces.

I'm not kidding.

Well, OK. One lady stopped me in the hall and put her finger in her cheek to make a loud popping sound. That's not exactly pointing, but I must have looked confused (and to be fair, I was sort of - in an 'oh no you didn't just do that' sort of way) because she did it again AND THEN she pointed at my belly. She said (and I quote), "That's what you look like."

I said, "I look like a popping sound?"

And she said, "Yes. You look like you're about to pop...(awkward pause)... in a cute way."

The good news is I visited the doctor today and she says that I've already completed the beginning stages of labor. I won't go into too much detail, mostly because using terms like 'mucus plugs,' 'effacement' and 'dilation' is a turn off to some, except to say that she also said she would be surprised if I made it to my due date.

In your face, pointing, popping bastards!!

I don't really know how that's a burn to them, but I feel pretty good about the prognosis, so soon there will be no more shenanigans from them! Soon I will only have to worry about all the lovelies who think it's OK to commentate on my parenting skills.

Nice.

Anyway, come on Baby Jack. We're ready!!

5 comments:

Chelle said...

People are funny. And be prepared, when you aren't instantly back to your pre-pregnancy form, some people will STILL have something to say....as if birthing a baby is a walk in the park or something. Sheesh! Glad you are progressing and will probably get to meet him sooner rather than later!

Jen said...

It won't be long now!! I can't wait to meet Baby Jack!!

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

OMG, really? REALLY. Why do people DO things like that? Especially to women who are so obviously uncomfortable that nothing about that will be humorous. Yeesh.

I'm so excited. Can't wait. And can't believe I'm so close that I will actually get to meet Baby Jack in a timely manner. Woohoo!

Come on Jack! Be nice to your mother's poor body and come out soon!

Happy Fun Pants said...

AHHH!!!

I am so excited to see pictures of him!

I hope that your labor goes smoothly, that you can utilize as much of your birth plan as possible, and that your recovery is a breeze.

Congratulations - the Haags are about to be an official family!!!! :) :) :) :)

Amira Abu-Shawish said...

Woo hoo!

That is all.