Tuesday, November 14, 2006

WE MET JOAN JETT!!!!


(Extreme zoom - see below)

Rich and Joan Jett(!)


Me and Joan Jett(!) -
Here's how it went:

Me: "Hi Joan Jett. My name is Ginger."
Joan Jett: "Hi, Ginger." (hand shake)
Me: "Hey, thanks for a wicked awesome show!"
Joan Jett: "Hey, thanks for comin'"
Me: "May I take my picture with you?"
Joan Jett: "Sure come on up, babe."
(picture with Joan Jett and a squnch)
Me: "That's my husband, Rich. You're his birthday present. Will you autograph his CD?" (She writes,"Happy Birthday, Rich! Keep Rockin'! Love, Joan Jett")
Joan Jett: "Wow. There are a lot of birthdays tonight. It's Beef's birthday, too. (yelling outside of the bus)Hey, Beef! This is Rich. It's his birthday too!" (Beef is a roadie)
Beef: "Happy birthday, man!"
Rich: "Thanks, man."
Me: "Yeah, Beef gave me a stick (that would be the drum stick in my hand...)." "Let me get a picture of you and Rich." (extreme zoom picture...bad... attempt 2, good)
Me: "Thanks Joan Jett!"
Rich "You kick serious ass!"
Joan Jett: "Thanks and you're welcome"


Lame, yes...BUT

WE MET JOAN JETT!

more to come... (Don't judge the "after rock show" hair. You'll see before pics later.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gingerly!!!! 149am...and you are blogging!...Love the outfit, pics, and story...!! and you and Rich..!!

Anonymous said...

You ROCK my dear! I hope you still have rocker chick hair today. Hopefully not a rocker chick headache, though.

You'll have to let us know what your students think about THE STICK comment. That'll be funny. And then they'll ask "Who's Joan Jett?"

Ginger said...

Hey, all is good. We have no club disease at all: no headaches, no ear ringing, no regrets! I do have rocker chick hair, though.
Yes, the kids will ask, "who is Joan Jett." It is my obligation to educate the poor, culturally lacking students of America ...without the bit about the stick...

AND Mom, I told you I wouldn't get arrested!(and I did sit in the sink to put on the liquid liner - good advice)

Christine said...

Again, sweetness. What a cool, once-in-a-lifetime kind of experience.

And you look hot!

Ginger said...

Thanks Fougs. The after pic was not so flattering since I have the sweaty girl concert hair, but I had to post it anyway because I'm in it with JOAN freaking JETT.

Anonymous said...

You two rock, and now you have the pics to prove it! The sweatier and messier the hair, the harder you rocked. it's all good. Glad it was good for all.

Jen said...

Too Cool! Glad you had a great time! I can't wait to see the "Rocker Chick" pics!