Do you ever have so many things to say that your brain breaks down and the cat gets your tongue? I feel that way about writing here sometimes. Sentences feel very heavy to me these days.. almost as heavy as my pregnant body. More so maybe.
But here are a few updates (in short, lighter fragments):
1. Friends Amanda and Pat threw a great party for Jack on Saturday! We are very lucky to have such generous friends and family! Thanks everyone! And thank you especially to those who came from such far places to celebrate the day! You guys are amazing! Jack's community will be very solid, indeed.
2. Work is v. busy at the mo. Lots to grade and study and do. But I can see the end.. I hope I'm ready for it seeing as the end of school is also the beginning of Jack and the reality of having a baby in our lives (though it's been more real to me than to anyone else).
3. Also, I failed a test. A glucose one. And I have to do more testing tomorrow (that icky three hour one). At best, the initial test was wrong. At worst, I have gestational diabetes. At really worst, I have adult onset diabetes. I'm hoping for the best..
These are my surface-y thoughts lately. More to come soon, but for now I'm off to work.
5 comments:
I so wish I could've been there saturday :( But the demands of work coupled with moving house put the kibosh on it :(
I can't wait to meet baby jack :)
I am glad you a wonderful shower! I TOO am sad I missed it!! I just saw tons of pictures on Lisa's Flicker! I too can't wait to meet Baby jack!!
I love that name btw!!!
Love you
I hope the test went well today. I am sorry that I couldn't be there for the shower, but am so excited for you and Rich. I know that Jack will be wonderful, just as the both of you are. I hope to see you, Rich, and maybe Jack around the second week in June. I didn't know if Rich told you that we were planning on stopping by for a day on our way back home from visiting my parents. 1600 miles in the van with the boys should be an adventure. We wish both of you all the best and you are in our prayers.
By the way, I had the 3 hour test with both boys (all was O.K.)
how did the glucose test go?
Hi guys,
Thanks for the sweet messages.
I still haven't found out the results of my glucose test. Will know more on Monday. Looks like another sugar-free week-end for me!
g
Post a Comment