'we spied a distant shadowy figure in the romantic mist, standing by what looked like a plume of smoke coming out of a barrel. Someone was having a fire in the rain! I waved at the figure and gestured somehow (I forget exactly how) as if to say 'can we come in?'
To our enormous and palapable joy, he waved back, signalling for us to come round to the other side, near where we had originally parked the car. Great! I thought, this is it ~ it could only mean one thing, couldn't it? Squatters!
Excitedly, thinking this was our big break ~ we would easily now make friends with these lovely people, and then of course the rest would be history ~ I urged the others to run with me around the building, we were like puppies slipping and sliding with brollies akimbo, rushing to meet our new soon-to-be-best-friends.
Turned out of course that the individuals were, bizarrely, a somewhat well-dressed group of Romanians, paid to live in and look after the property to protect it from, you guessed it, squatters!'[for more go here]
3 comments:
I've never had ka-bobs before, I'm thinking anything stuck on a stick must be good.
Oh, I totally know the Pee Wee. I had one of those talking pull cord dolls and everything.
I always wanted to be a sqautter, but I'm afraid the name sort of scares me off the idea of it. It just sounds so. . . unsanitary.
What a fun post. It's a bright spot of nicety to banish a bit of the world’s darkness. It gives a warm feeling (like a kitten in your lap, not like peeing yourself).
Hey Amira - Just like at the state fair, everything IS good on a stick. Except a pig's head. Pig's head on a stick = B.A.D. news. Watch out for flies.
Rich - Yes. Bright spot in the darkness! While I read the post I smiled the whole time and then wanted to move to London. Actually, I looked up what brollies are(umbrellas)and then I wanted to move. Wanna go? (invitation is valid only if you promise not to pee yourself... again)
Post a Comment