Wednesday, June 13, 2007

London Calling.. and then Alaska... and then NYC

Tomorrow I'm off on an adventure (Viaggio!!) and may be gone from the comfortable space of this blog for a little while.

Here's the sitch:
I'm flying to London tomorrow where I'll be attending a 4 day workshop in Oxford for the new International Baccalaureate (IB) class I'm teaching at school. I've (sort of accidentally) sandwiched said workshop between 6 days of what I'm calling "reflection time" in London. (Thanks to Mark and his housemates for letting me crash the barbecue for a few days!!) And for the first time since college, I won't have a Rich to lean on or an agenda. That's the adventure part to me. I am going to force myself to throw away all (or most) lists and BE. Hopefully I'll run into some interesting happenings and will come back with loads of stories and new friends. (And I'll try not to get arrested, Mom! No promises, though.);)

Two days after I return from that adventure, I'm off to Alaska with my family!! I get to go to Vancouver where I'll embark on a 7 day cruise for more adventures. We'll do day excursions in all of the towns along the way, but the one I'm looking forward to the most is the "Bike and Brew." Yep. They're going to give us bikes and beer and see if we can NOT launch ourselves off of a mountain.(I'm imagining ET for some reason..) OK, so it isn't THAT ridiculous. But that's how it plays in my head. Mostly, I can't wait to spend time with my crazy family and friends, since we always manage to make the most of our insanity and have a great time!

Two days after that, I head to New York with Fougs for another 3 or 4 day IB conference at the UN school! Anywhere I go with Fougs is a BLAST. Plus, I'll be having some serious withdrawal angst from not having seen her in so long. I may be dead tired from the other adventures, but it won't matter since hanging with the Fougs is SURE to ROCK! Hopefully I'll also get to see Annie and John and the family (+ 1 by then!!).

Wish me luck (especially on the London part since I'm the most nervous about it, and also since I'm terrified of flying in general and this will make 6 flights in 30 days!).

I'll try to check in if I can find internet access.

Until then friends, be well!

Viaggio!!

11 comments:

Chelle said...

Enjoy every moment of it friend. Blessings on all your fun adventures and journeys. Enjoy just "being." ;)

Double A's Mom said...

Can I just say how incredibly jealous I am of you! I want to go back to London SOOOOO BAD!!!!! Have a great time and don't forget to tell the Queen "hi" for me.

Ames said...

Sounds like alot of fun. Have a great time. We will miss you while you are gone. :)

Amira Abu-Shawish said...

Sounds like you'll be having fun. Enjoy the trip!

Cori Stern said...

Hey Ginger,

Came across your blog while looking up Minou's letter to Phillipe. I think we should be pals.
Let me know.
Cori
www.girlseeksworld.com
coristern@gmail.com

Unknown said...

How exciting! Enjoy your trip and watch out for E.T. Be safe, but have a blast!

Jen said...

Ginger hope your having a blast!! I am can't wait to hear all about it!! I miss and love you!!

Christine said...

I so miss you already! I hope you are having an absolutely wonderful time.

Looking forward to you trying not to sleep through Bruce Willis blowing up helicopters with cars on the 27th! (What -- he ran out of bullets!) :)

Anonymous said...

Ginger! You're leaving us! You will be missed, but I'm super excited for you. I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures. I will be thinking about you while you're gone, especially London. We have to get together when you get back before school starts! Love you and miss you,

Amy

Justinian said...

have fun! be safe! that sounds like a great trip!

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Ahh! I miss you so much already and you're not even on the same continent for me to ring you up on your cell.

I hope you are having a great time just BEING.

Blow kisses to the London for me. I'm so incredibly, insanely jealous.