Saturday, July 16, 2011

A letter about good intentions

Hola Marcos!

So, it turns out I'll be wheels down in London in ten very short days. !! Currently I'm camping out in my casita here in Grand Prairie, having stream of consious conversations with myself such as this: You didn't pack the coffee pot which wouldn't work in the UK anyway, nor did you pack the filters or coffee measuring spoon which means you can have coffee in your pj's EVERYDAY before you leave. What luxury! So you made coffee, you clever girl... ... but then realized you packed all of your mugs which are currently sealed inside of a crate en route to the nearest body of water (Gulf of Mexico?) to be loaded onto a barge. WHY? How did you not remember the most essential coffee accessory? Really? A measuring spoon but no mug?? Ok. Regroup. What will it be for a mug then? Current options: A. a medium sized sauce pan B. a skillet C. a measuring cup? So close.. (sigh)

ANYWAY.
Here's where I'm going with this correspondence:

I will arrive on the 26th at 10:45 as you know. Of course customs will be a booger to get through, so we better add an hour (at least) to that time. I should roll out of the terminal around 11:45 with two (at least) very large, overfilled suitcases that will carry such things as a medium sized sauce pan, a skillet, a measuring cup, and other miscellaneous household items, including my professional wardrobe which is shamefully large.

Options:
A. You pick me up and I'm at your mercy, two (or more) big suitcases in tow
B. You pick me up and drop me at my new place (after picking up keys at the leasing agency) and I drop off some of my luggage and then we make a plan for hanging out or not hanging out. (I vote for hanging out)
C. I take a cab to my new place via the leasing agency and we connect at a later time
D. I call HR at Cobham and they pick me up and take care of carrying me all over hell and creation.

What are your thoughts about any of these options??? Please feel free to say "none of the above" or "really, Ginge, all you need is 3 chords and the truth - what up with all that luggage?" I know! I know..

Ok. 10 days!
g

1 comment:

choral_composer said...

I am SO EXCITED for you!!!!!!!