Saturday, June 07, 2008

Shake and Take - and I Heyulpt!

I got pinned yesterday AND I was recognized for ten years of excellent service. ya-yuh!

(wink)

Ok. So, what it really means is I've been officially teaching in my school district for 10 years. I am a 10 year veteran. I have been out of college, contributing to my retirement plan, paying taxes, and functioning as a productive, responsible member in grown-up society for 10...freaking...pantyhose wearing...paying-a-mortgage... years.

10. !

But 10 minutes after they presented me with my 10 year award (shake and take, then smile for the camera), I was participating in a little jackholery and lost my pin.. Literally. It's gone. I can't find it. Buh-bye.

And I'm sort of relieved about that.

Still irresponsible. Still a kid.

3 comments:

Double A's Mom said...

Ha! That's hilarious.

Jen said...

Today I got my five year pin!! I can't believe you've been teaching for 10 years!!

Oh and the whole losing your pin things, SO YOU!!

Love ya!

Happy Fun Pants said...

I love that you lost your pin.

You're not pissed? I'd be cranky.