1. the fact that I am supposed to get up and get ready for work in 3 hours and I can't make myself sleep.
2. the fact that I am so worried about why the baby is moving so much - more than he has in a while - that I can't sleep.
3. the fact that I couldn't support two of my friends yesterday: one because she was wrong and was unfair/unreasonable, the other because I am too tired to fight with or for anyone lately.
4. the fact that I really want to participate in all of the wonderful celebrations that are happening around me (graduation, vespers, retirement parties, getting coffee with my good friend) but I am unable because my body won't allow it.
5. the fact that I can't make myself pick up the ringing phone because I know the line is filled with people who want to know the status of the pregnancy and, because it's all I think about, I don't want to talk about it for fear of what reaction I'll receive.
6. the fact that I don't automatically have that female intuition regarding taking care of children; I have to work at seeing parenthood as a new, wonderful experience and not a binding, stagnant one.
7. the fact that I haven't "stayed" in the same place for more than 5 years in a row in the last 15 years, and I am feeling an incredible itch to move - houses, jobs, continents, whatever.
8. the fact that I really don't like (and haven't liked) being pregnant, mostly because it makes me need people and even though I love people, I am bad at letting myself need them.. what if they don't need me in return?
9. the fact that I place (most of my) self worth on being needed/wanted.
10. the fact that I have started to notice that whenever anything is difficult, stressful, or painful, I catch myself holding my breath - and justify it.
4 comments:
Re. Point 7
That itch is God's way of telling you to move to Houston to be nearer Steve and I :)
Ginger when are you due we are kind of our of the loop with Cliffy moving to Vegas. Hope things are going well. We love you and are praying for you.
Well I AM sure about how I feel about a few things:
-- you're an amazing, loving, honest, loyal person
-- you married a wonderful guy
-- you two are going to be great, perfectly imperfect parents full of love for your son
-- anyone who doesn't know you well enough to know all of that doesn't get a vote/is blind/can shove it
-- I love you very much
and I know the same things that Christine does...
and I need/want you very much....
and I love Christine too...
Love, Mom
Post a Comment