Thursday, June 05, 2008

Updates

Life is changing very quickly lately, and I've been coping by ignoring that it's happening. Healthy, right?

Anyway, maybe if I catch a few of the curve balls hurled at me and lob them in your direction (sorry if I throw like a girl), I'll be able to dig my way out of the dug out.**

Here goes:
1. The new principal for my school (i.e. my new boss) will be announced tonight at the school board meeting. I will not be attending in person so I made a cardboard cutout of my face and taped it to a ruler (a convenient handle) for Fougs to hold up at the meeting. That way I can be there in spirit and support the person who has been appointed (unless God truly does hate me and the position is given to someone else). You think I'm kidding - about the cardboard Ginger head. I'm most certainly not. (I'll be pissed if you forget me at school, Fougs. I must be there in spirit! And a cardboard cutout of my face (which I carefully crafted using a mirror and my best markers) apparently represents my spirit these days.. so sayeth the preggo, and so it goes.)

2. I cut my hair.. short. Really short. Shorter than I've ever cut it. Or really, a stylist cut it. I just sat there. And she dyed it. Yes. I am pregnant and I dyed my hair which, if I may remind you, is way better than doing heroin. BUT it looks a lot better than it has for the last several months and I'm pretending that all of that mousy, excess hair is what was weighing me down. When I got home I sifted through my closet, through all of the clothes I could wear a year ago, until I got to the shoe pile. I located my rockin' stilettos - you know, the ones that got me into this mess - and blew the dust off of them. I thought they would be perfect to wear with my new do, and then I remembered, "Oh yeah. Pregnant..doomed."

3. I'm so sick of the word "pregnant". Give me my life back!!!
If the baby does not come by the 11th I will be induced on the 17th, at which time, Jack will receive his first grounding for not coming home on time. We don't play. Mess with the bull and you get the horns. You know what I'm sayin'?
Are you even listening, Jack?

4. Today was the last day of school. As always, I am relieved and sad and ecstatic all in one gut-filling yarn ball. I haven't let myself think about it too much because I really will miss several of my students, especially those I've had in class for the last 2 years (my IBers - not the delinquents.. Well hell. I'll miss my little delinquents, too). Ick.

**Using a baseball metaphor makes me want hot dogs.....and pie. Mmmm. Churros! And what the hell? My sport is hockey! Congrats to the Red Wings. Y'all are a hell of a team.. a hell of a Scandinavian team with all your red beards and pasty skin! But a hell of a team none-the-less.


3 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Ginger!!

I feel my life is in a place of change too, however nothing as amazing as having a baby!! I am jealous that today was your last day of school, although mine will be tomorrow so the light is shinning brightly tonight!! ONE MORE DAY!!

Can't wait to see the pictures of your new haircut!! Maybe it can be of you holding baby Jack in a couple of weeks!!

Love you and miss you tons!!

Jen

Double A's Mom said...

1. I dyed my hair when I was pregnant too. Aaron's fine.

2. We need pictures of the new 'do!

3. Yeah, the whole not wanting to again hand my body over to pregnancy thing is why Aaron will probably be four years old before he gets a brother/sister. That, and the whole sleep deprivation thing. Selfish, right? Sorry, can't help it.

SarahBelle said...

The new haircut sounds super sassy. Cant wait to see it. BTW tickets are booked. We will be there July 4th!