I would like to share (most of) them with you.
Here's the problem:
All of these happenings seem to be lodged in a blurry, ooze-goozey milieu in my brain, and I can't really concentrate on one story or another without something else schlepping its way into what was, for twenty seconds, a concrete focus. For example, I was all set to write about this one specific happening in Alaska, but before the typing started I had already gotten up three times: to get a book that I read while in Alaska (for excerpt sharing), to get the email address of a new friend whom I met on my travels and of whom the excerpt reminded me at that moment, and to check my phone messages, speaking of friends, to see if P and A have a new baby yet. (She's due today. I'm not just randomly checking.)
Rich and I were having a conversation last night about having a Freaky Friday experience. (Was that really Lindsay Lohan in the remake?) I won't go into detail except to say that when I asked him if he would ever want to trade places with me, he laughed out loud and said he didn't think he could handle it..
Such is my brain.
Despite the constant interruptions by the little distractions in my head, that miry ooze-goozum is slowly solidifying into firm memories. Unfortunately, they are also being molded and moulded by time so they may not be ALL THE WAY true. But I'll try to be honest in my sharing. Plus, you won't know if I'm telling the truth or not and you won't be able to tell because
I do some stupid shit.
Ask Christine who recently joined ranks with Rich, Mark, and the majority of my students in her verbalization of the opinion that I'm a tad on the crazy side "in a good way" --whatever that means. So unless you were with me as a direct observer and recorder of events, you'll never REALLY know the God's honest truth (laughing to myself maniacally).
Wait. Who's crazy?!
More to come.
4 comments:
No worries re: the frogging. I'm the person to hit if you want to hit someone, since I never friggin' bruise when someone hits me. No, the only bruises I get asked about have mundane explanations, usually involving the words "desk" and/or "wasn't paying attention."
The people I like most on this planet are a little "crazy in a good way." I think all that means is that one is willing to do what pops into one's head without censoring it too much. I guess it means being yourself, because everyone's pretty crazy and just wearing an "I'm fine" mask most of the time. I prefer honesty. So if you want to frog me, then frog me. I'm a little sister; sometimes when I annoy someone just to annoy them I have to get hit/shoved/yelled at/looked at with a scary face (ask Jamie about that one) in order to stop. I guess that makes me a little crazy in an annoying way. :)
And I guess you hitting me is more proof that you are my sister. That and I love you tons!
Ok!! That whole post was just a BIG tease!! I want to know about the crazy stuff!!
Can't wait for more to come!!!
You are wonderfully silly. That picture definitely is worth 1000 words. Enjoy the journey, regardless of how "crazy" you may seem to everyone else!
Ginger you are a crack up... Made me laugh girl have a great week.
Dee
Post a Comment