Monday, November 13, 2006

Liquid Liner Sucks!

Yes. It's all anyone can talk about these days - Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. So, it's 4 hours until showtime! I really did buy a whole new outfit, make-up and all, for this specific outing because I really want to rock out tonight. My intended image is an ultra sexy, femme fatale who will not hesitate to impale you with her sleek black, Matrix looking stiletto boot. I have seriously had a great time planning for this and it wasn't at all embarrassing running into students when I was shopping for the new lacy, black, push-up undergarments and more. (This happens EVERY TIME I try to act like someone other than a literature addicted, word loving high school English teacher!!!)

I think I've got my bases covered wardrobe-wise. The make-up alone is amusing. I bought hooker red, I mean sunset red, lipstick, XXL Volume+ Length mascara (guaranteed to immediately thicken and extend (!), silver and grey eye shadow AND my first liquid eye-liner. This one's called black shimmer. My regular eye-liner is tattooed on so that I don't have to worry with it (and yes getting a tatoo on your eye hurts. Ask Fougs. She was there (and what a friend!)). I sometimes add a little bit of smudge to my eyes to enhance the liner (I still use Origins products to be good to the environment) , but I have never tried to apply liquid liner! Um. It's hard! I've been practicing and so far, the best I've done is Tammy Fay meets Courtney Love who is in the ring with Rocky Balboa when he is losing to the Russian - overdone, stoned looking, and bruised! I'm going for something like Shirley Manson meets...Joan Jett. Help! It is painfully clear that my roots are that of the tree hugging, granola, hippie chick who didn't wear make-up until she was forced to by the MAN (the man being the school district dress code for teachers)!

This commentary is all you guys get for now.

Yes, I'll send pics to those who requested them and maybe I'll even post a couple... as long as there is no gasp followed by extreme, heart attack inducing laughter. I'm doing my best with what I've got and I can only do so much...

My mom would be so proud!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, even Mawmaw has her eyesbrows tattooed on.

Jen said...

I can totally see you trying to put on the eye liner. I can't wait to see the pictures! I hope you had a great time!