Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Monkey Monkey Hockey Puck

My mind is reeling today - which would happen all at once after a week or two of forced blogging. This morning I woke up and thought, "I have something to say!" Really I didn't, but I was determined to find something by blog time. And I did. I found twenty million things to say.. Then I panicked and thought, "Which one of the twenty-two million things (because two million more things popped into my brain) should I write about? Can I save any for later? Is it cheating to start posts and use them later? Do I really have that kind of time?"

So here's the conclusion: I am going to briefly list a few things in order of occurrence, to show you that I really do have ideas occasionally. And lucky for you, I don't have time for twenty-three million things, so I'll narrow it to, let's say 5.
1. I woke up this morning to my favorite (smart ass) news caster trying to seriously report the story that today the president officially pardoned the Thanksgiving turkey, as in "President George W. Bush offers an official pardon to May, the 2007 Thanksgiving Turkey, during festivities Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2007, in the Rose Garden of the White House. In pardoning May, and the alternate, Flower, the President said, "May they live the rest of their lives in blissful gobbling. And may all Americans enjoy a holiday full of love and peace. God bless you all." (Story from Thanksgiving at the White House; White House photo by Chris Greenberg) I know that this is a silly tradition that dates all the way back to when God was a boy/girl. And I'm really glad that May was pardoned, but then again so was Scooter Libby.(!) Plus, I found a website that actually sells presidential pardons. So guess what, turkey! You're not so special. Get in my belly!

2. I went to the Stars v. LA Kings last night (which sort of sounds like I attended a gang fight. I'm talking about the NHL). And though we did win 3 to 0, that's not the blog entry I wanted to post. A soon as we entered the arena, Rich saw a line and decided to stand in it. We had no idea why were standing in line except that people were leaving the line with "Thank you! Come Again!" sacks. Rich thought the line might end at free stuff, and if getting free stuff is an option, then one should always stand in the free stuff line.. because it's free! We felt glad when the folks behind us whispered, "What are we in line for?" but did not turn around to acknowledge that we were just as clueless. In fact, we stood taller as if to say, "We know what we're in line for. How silly that you don't." When we got to the front of the line, we realized that no, there was no free stuff. And we were too worried about saving face to step out of the line. So we spent a whole $4 on this:
Yes. It is a bobble head Modano and a bobble head Morrow on a collectible bobble holding ice rink. Because what we need is more shit to stack around the house..
3. Sesame Street apparently traumatized me as a kid, and I didn't even know it. Thank God I found out about it today! Geez! I mean I could have eaten a pipe, wandered off with strange men, and hallucinated about big scary harry sort-of-elephants. How did I survive 32 years after having watched such smut?!! If you want to know what the heck I'm talking about, read this. I know! It WAS a close call!
4. I had coffee with The Fougs's folks today! It was so GREAT to see them, and we discussed everything from oil spritzers (for cooking - I've heard of that) to de-feathering doves (that was my contribution) to what happens to piers when the water surrounding them freezes. Needless to say, I learned a lot today, and I can't wait to go and visit them at The Cape!!

5. Tomorrow I get to go see my Mom!! (and Sugar) I am so looking forward to that! Plus, it's Thanksgiving holiday!! We'll also get to see Rich's family in Amarillo. The weather is actually supposed to dip below 80 (freezing for us) which makes it feel more like turkey time. Bring on the food, the football, and the frivolity!


So there's tons more floating around in me noggin, but I guess I'll save my detailed world peace plan complete with schematic diagrams and flow charts for another blog. :)

3 comments:

Ames said...

aahhh Hockey...I love NHL games!

Yeaaahhhh...the stars beat the kings! I like the bobble heads....too funny. A whole $4, huh?

Jen said...

Tell your mom and Sugar hi for me!!What a cute dog Miss Sugar is! Happy Thanksgiving holiday!! Yipee!!

Happy Fun Pants said...

Hahaha...the "get in my belly" comment is very funny.

I'm still laughing. :)